Wednesday, October 15, 2008

RA




Disclaimer; Don't read this if you hate sappy bloggers who brag.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARA!
On October 16, 1976 I was the happiest person in the world.
My frist child was born, a beautiful 6 lb 10 oz baby girl blessed our lives with her presence.
She arrived with the tiniest round head, pink fuzz on top for hair, and yellow (jaundiced) enough to make her resemble a ripened peach. When she was placed on my chest she looked right up at us and smiled. At that moment, I knew exactly how perfect love felt because she was simply perfect.
My dear Sara, our only daughter, Daddy and I still feel the same about you. You make us proud as we watch you with your own children, your hubby, and your family and friends. Your relationship with Christ shines as you dedicate yourself to Him first which means beauty overflows into all the areas of your life. Are you as perfect now as you were in those first moments of life? Well, I get a freeby on that one since we know there is no such thing. But, everyday I thank God for you because you help make us better people. We are thrilled to call you daughter and friend.
Love, Mama2 and Pops

5 comments:

Sara said...

I am truly not deserving of such sweet words. I am blessed to have parents who poured themselves into me and love me, warts and all!

Olive Oyl said...

we love you sar!

carol grams said...

Great tribute! Happy Birthday Sarah!
Thank you for being the lovely woman of God, an example for all those who will come after you! carolgrams

bandofbrothers said...

Happy Birthday Sara-you are a complete doll, and your children are too! Your family is sure lucky and blessed to have you!

Talia said...

Hi, you don't know me, but I promise I'm not a crazy blog-stalker. :) I'm Ella's piano teacher (and loving it!). Anyway, while clicking through random blogs, I came here and read this sweet tribute to your daughter... and I just had to tell you, her mom, how much I am enjoying getting to know Sara and your adorable grandkids week by week. They are so lovely.