Monday, September 15, 2008

Tag, you're it!

I've been tagged. I had to ask my daughter exactly what that meant. So, thanks to Band of Brothers I will try to come up with 6 random things about me without totally embarrassing myself. I hope this makes up to Stacia because she also tagged me and I didn't respond.

#1. I love, love, love, containers, compartments, and all organizing items. I love catergorizing, too. My clothes and shoes are put away into groups. I can't even imagne having an unlimited shopping spree in "The Containe Store". I dream of being a professional organizer. That's on the days when I not dreaming of being Dr. Phil. (Don't you just want to smack some sense into some of his guests?)

#2. I am addicted to product packaging. If there are two identical bottles of shampoo on the store shelf I will pay extra for the one with the best presentation. I believe every marketing trick that gets a consumer to make bigger and more expensive purchases. I want the coolest, the cutest, and the most cleverly wrapped items. And, I have to buy every new grocery item from chips to butter. It's a true sickness.

#3. I don't vacuum. I believe in 15 minutes tidying before bed makes for a pleasant house to look at when I wake up in the mornng. I'm pretty tidy and like my house to look good all the time. But, truth be known, in the two years I've lived here our central vacuum system has been only used by Elvira, the housecleaner, every other week. Maybe, just maybe, hubby tried it out once when we first moved in. I'm ashamed I've admitted this.

#4. I shave my legs every single day. It is because of a deal my new hubby and I made. For every day that he shaved his face I would shave my legs. For 36 years we've kept that promise. Can you even imagine how many times that is?

#5. I've been known to carry a cheeseburger in my purse. Seriously folks, I can spend hours nibbling at it. I offer up this kid's meal remedy for anxiety, bad tummies, and the flu. It's got your protein to get energy, the cheese helps stop you up, and the bread soaks up the yucks. French fries stay down and the cola syrup helps with the nausea while the carbonation helps the stomach to release the gas. It is the truth as I know and it should be in every medical book. Again, I must mention GG because when she wants to know how I am doing she asks, "Do you have a hamburger in your purse today?"

#6. I don't like animals. Really. I like my dog - somewhat - but I don't like anyone else's. And I don't like cats, horses, guinea pigs, etc. etc. etc. Mostly, I complete fear of caged birds. It would take years of therapy to get rid of the nightmares of being forced into the chicken coup and pheasant pens. Geesh Louise, I used to dance around screaming as those birds flapped their wings and dove right at me.

Six random things...I could think of many more. Gosh, I really am weird.

8 comments:

Jana said...

ahhh!! I LOVE that you're blogging now!! Your fam has sucked you in, haven't they?! ;) Good times!!

mrs schienbein said...

YAY!!! I love learning something new about you Brenda!

Who knew about your dislike of animals? When I see a schnauser or a black lab I always think of Tootsie Roll and Lucy...

And I am definitely going to take that cheeseburger trick seriously...plus, I know who to come to when I'm in Bakersfield and hungry on a whim!

:)

Olive Oyl said...

hilarious. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who prefers to buy the prettiest bottles and packaging. And I too shave my legs every.single.day. Not because of a deal I made with Mark, but because my hair is crazy insanely dark and coarse so I feel like I'm wearing sandpaper on my legs if I wear jeans and haven't shaved... :)

Even though we were all with each other this weekend, I feel like I haven't seen anyone in weeks! I can't remember the last time I had lunch at your house! So sad... :(

bandofbrothers said...

Yay! Thanks for playing along.

Seriously, you are hilarious! I was CRACKING up from the hamburger in the purse! And it's even funnier, that GG knows about it. I love how quirky you are!!!

and that's pretty devoted, shaving your legs every day!

one day when are a famous organizer, you can come help me organize my closets. i have dreams of my cupboards looking Martha Stewart style.

Sara said...

Mom, you make me laugh! This is so you!

lorieloo said...

but we love your weirdness!!! =) great random facts-they made me giggle!

Excellent Parent said...

oh man, I shave my legs every other week, but my husband only grows hair on his china nd lip, so he always has the softest face, and it would tak ehim about 2 years before it looked like he hadent shaved! LOL

Barbie said...

You are hilarious!