Thursday, December 25, 2008

Salsa

Merry Christmas!

For all of you who did not get my annual salsa and chips gifts for Christmas you can now make your own. The secret is the lack of fresh ingredients that surprises everyone.
This hurts, but, here goes...


Mama2's Secret Salsa Recipe

2 lg cans of Diced Tomatoes
1 can Embalsa Jalapenos
1-2 bunches cilantro
1/2 red onion
2-3 garlic cloves
pinch of salt

Use blender or food processor until desired consistency.
Natasha and Stine, I hope you read blogs 'cuz you've been begging for this a long time.

4 comments:

MeganK said...

YES!!! You're the best for sharing this legend that I keep hearing about!! Hope your Christmas was wonderful. :-)

Eliza said...

I've never tasted your home made salsa, but if it is as legendary as you say, I'm going to. Josh will love that it doesn't have any garlic in it, like my mom's recipe does.

Hope you had a great Christmas!

Momma D said...

I'm SO happy you finally posted your Salsa Recipe.

Honey really likes it and it seems easy enough to make for sharing.

Hope your surgery goes well tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

Please, be sure to call me if you need ANYTHING! It's easy for me to jump up and go most of the time.

Sara said...

I'm going to insert here that it's a 12oz can of Embasa Jalepenos, not a 28 oz like I put in there for about 2 years. And I could never understand why I was the only one who liked it...