So here I am posting on a blog. The very blog I used to worry about being too personal, time-consuming, and even dangerous. Yes, I said dangerous. I watch too many news shows warning the dangers of the internet and the weirdoes it attracts. Yet, I keep noticing as I read my girls' blogs that comments are made by friends and family members who are uplifting and caring as they encourage each other. We learn that daily struggles are manageable and a common denominator in all families. I was also afraid that blogs were like a bad Christmas letter. You know the ones I am talking about...on and on about how wonderful their lives are, how perfect their children are, and in which paradise they spent their last vacation. (Truthfully folks, have mine been like that?) Instead, stories I've read have been from the heart. From hysterically funny to terribly sad I've enjoyed reading about your days.
Since I know blogging can become all consuming I will be disciplining myself to a half hour a day in order to try and keep life's real priorities straight. I would like to balance that with at least a half hour a day in my Bible and on my knees praying. Wouldn't that make a great day?
So for now, all those who have heard me bad-mouthing blogs, please forgive me. I judged without knowledge. But, remember, I am still on the look-out for that crazy person who is searching blogs for his next victim. After all, I'm sure a 55 year old woman with wrinkles, cellulite, and a jelly belly sounds so appealing. Personally, I don't even think I sound that interesting to my husband.
17 years ago
13 comments:
Yeah Mama2! Glad you joined the blogging world. At blogging isn't as bad as MySpacing... at least none of your Panama students will be able to find you! :)
YEAH MAMA2! I'm so proud of you! and your first post was perfect=)
love you! can't wait to read more!
did you really have to mention "sagging boobs"?
come on mom.
EEEEEEE!Welcome to blogland.
1)your picture is beautiful, you look gorgeous!
2)you are a great writer, I just loved your first post
3)i'm so glad you will be on a look-out for internet wierdos for us:)
4)you are very interesting. i'm hoping you will share tidbits of your experience raising FOUR kids. I'm sure you have plenty of stories to share!
Yeah Mama 2! Can't wait for the next post!
I am making a list like Davi:
1) Yes, you watch way too much news. Way, way, way too much news.
2) Yes, you brag on your perfect children. But then again, your daughter -ahem, I mean children - are perfect.
3) I am relishing in your apology just a wee bit.
4) I love that you've come over to the dark side!
In all seriousness, I think this will be a great outlet for you. You are reflective and introspective, and a great writer to boot!
YAY! The leader of the Cham clan has joined blog world! I love your description of blogging, it's so accurate. Watch out though, it really is addicting!
How fun that you started a blog! I love your header...I still haven't taken the time to figure out how to do that...mine is all screwed up!
Committing to spend only a half hour is a good idea...my problem is that it's "easier" to just read other people's blogs...so then naptime is over and I haven't posted anything!
Wow! A new blog to read! Yay!
And, even though I post as "Sally", you know that I'm the Kansas Buddy, right??
Now, you can join the Bako Bloggers Bash when I'm in town in a few weeks...ask Sar about it, or check out my blog.
Sagging boobs was edited for a kinder and gentler vision of my body.
Ok, woman, I object to the "OLDER" friend label! I mean,REALLY! I'm less than a month older! But if it is attached at the hip to the "wiser" tag, I guess I'll accept it.
As for predators accessing your blog, when you set it up you had the option to make sure only those who know you, or those who know those who know you, can access it. If you just by-passed that, it's somewhere in settings, I think.
Good job, woman! Welcome to the blogosphere!
I don't know if you remember me - I'm Emily, middle daughter of Michael & Susan Moore (now Baldwin). I'm so glad to see you blogging! Now if we could get my Mom to start one up!!
Post a Comment